- You are here
- Our School
Published admission number September 2017: 180
Published admission number September 2016: 180
Applications received (all preferences) September 2016: 412
Number on roll January 2016: 808
In 2016 the last child was admitted under criterion 5.
There is no guarantee of a place for children living in the priority admission area. In the event of oversubscription any remaining places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked After Children and previously looked after children (* see below for definition);
- Children living in the priority admission area with a sibling #(see below for definition) attending the school;
- Other children living in the priority admission area;
- Children living outside the priority admission area with a sibling attending the school;
- Remaining applications.
* A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence or special guardianship order will be given first priority in oversubscription criteria ahead of all other applicants in accordance with the School Admissions Code 2013. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (as defined in Section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989).
# For applications made in the normal admissions round a relevant sibling is a child who has a brother, sister, adopted brother or sister or stepbrother or stepsister living in the same family In the event of oversubscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given highest priority.
Parents applying for a place at the start of Year 7 in September can view more information at http://www.essex.gov.uk/Education-Schools/Schools/Admissions/Pages/Admissions.aspx