Epping St. John's holds Healthy Schools Status and we are keen to promote the Government's Healthy Schools Initiative. From September 2016 we will be working in partnership with Pride Catering.
A wide variety of healthy options such as hot meat main meals, vegetarian and pasta dishes as well as a selection of sandwiches, salad pots and hot and cold deserts are offered to students to encourage them to think about a nutritionally balanced diet.
The Cafeteria offers a Breakfast Club from 7.45 am to 8.25 am every day and is also open at morning break and lunchtime.
Students who bring a packed lunch are able to eat this in 'The Hub' or the Main Hall. Epping St. John's also has a range of picnic tables and benches to enable students to eat in pleasant, outdoor surroundings.
Please click on the links below for details of the menus on offer.
Free School Meals
Free School Meals are administered by Essex County Council and the qualifying rules are decided by Central Government.
Parents/carers receiving the following benefits can claim Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Jobseekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual taxable income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
If you think your child may be eligible for Free School Meals, please contact Essex County Council, Education Transport and Awards, PO Box 4261, Chelmsford, CM1 1GS, Telephone 0845 603 2200, Email email@example.com or check the ECC website at: